Wednesday, November 19, 2008

R.I.P. Donny and Lil Donnie


this past friday a friend of mine and his infant son were killed by a drunk driver, please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers as they try and get thru this difficult time....My heart goes out to this family, I have known this boys mother and grandmother almost my entire life and I know the pain they are going thru as I suffered a loss 7 years ago when my own brother was brutally murdered...this hits so close to home for me...Donny and Lil Donnie may you fly with the angel now, and keep watch over us all...God bless the Legens family



Donald and Donald Jr. Legens
Donald and Donald Jr. LegensDonald Lee Legens and Donald Lee Legens Jr. of Granite City, Ill., are now both in God's hands after injuries sustained in an automobile accident.Donald Lee Legens, 34, passed away at 1:20 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 14, 2008. He was born July 12, 1974, in Granite City, a son of Rick Rose and Brenda (Legens) Padgett. He married Jessica "Jo"(Riley) Legens on Aug. 15, 2008, in Edwardsville and she survives. Donald was working in collections as senior vice-president of Smith, Klein and Associates in St. Louis, Mo. He enjoyed bowling, fishing and playing pool and will be remembered for the special times spent with his children and the love he had for his entire family and friends.Donald Lee Legens Jr. "Little Donnie", 9 months, passed away at 11:55 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 17, 2008. He was born Jan. 20, 2008, in Springfield, Mo., a son of Jessica "Jo" (Riley) Legens and the late Donald Lee Legens. He will be remembered for the joy he brought to the lives he touched. He enjoyed playing with his brothers and sisters and watching his favorite movie, Happy Feet.They are survived and will dearly be missed by Donald's wife and Little Donnie's mother, Jessica "Jo" Legens of Granite City; Donald's mother and Little Donnie's grandmother, Brenda (Legens) Padgett of Belleville; Donald's father and step-mother and Little Donnie's grandfather and step-grandmother, Rich and Tammy Rose of Wood River; Donald's children and Little Donnie's brothers and sisters, Cordell Blake Legens, Charliane Pearl Hawkins, Loretta Gene Legens, William Cordell Legens II and expectant, Richard Donald Legens; Donald's brothers and sisters and spouses and Little Donnie's aunts and uncles, Jeff and Terry Padgett of Granite City, Norman and Stacy Padgett of Granite City, Jason Padgett of Granite City, Joshua John Paul Dean of Wood River, Susan and Randy Rainwater of Granite City, Tamara Jo Padgett of Belleville, Julie and Danny Bieser of Caseyville; Donald's grandmothers and Little Donnie's great grandmothers, Geneva Willoughby of Venice and Loretta Irene Rose of Granite City; Donald's great-grandmother and Little Donnie's great-great-grandmother, Imogene Garrigus of Tennessee. They were preceded in death by Donald's step-father and Little Donnie's step-grandfather, Harrison V. Padgett; and Donald's grandfathers and Little Donnie's great-grandfathers, William Cordell Legens and Harold Rose Sr.Memorials may be made to Jennifer Legens for a trust fund in memory of Donald and Little Donnie and may be accepted at the funeral home or any Regions Bank.Visitation: In celebration of their lives, visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 21, 2008, at Irwin Chapel, 3960 Maryville Road in Granite City, Ill.Funeral: Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 22, 2008, at Irwin Chapel, 591 Glen Crossing Road in Glen Carbon, Ill., with Reverend Roy Boyer and Reverend Kevin Jones officiating. Burial will be at Lake View Memorial Gardens in Fairview Heights, Ill. IRWIN CHAPEL


2 comments:

Jessica DuHamel said...

Words cannot express how deeply sorry I am. :( May God be with the family

Anonymous said...

I cannot imagine losing a child. I am so sorry for the family. I'm trying to find Loretta Rose and your website popped up. I use to work with Loretta back in the 80's and dated Donnie's Dad, Rick. Loretta taught me so much about business and that it's the small details that matter most. My business is doing well today because of what I learned from her. Rick and I dated but we were both hot heads back then and anything could set us off. When things were right we had a blast. I have mellowed considerably in 20 years. I have 10 year old twins now and an older son, David, that Loretta and Rick knew. I would love to catch up on the last 20 years if you know how to contact them please pass on my email address: vickidkd @comcast.net and I am also on facebook. My maiden name was Vicki Turner but I am Vicki Beckley now. Thanks for all your help!!